- ABOUT US
- Get Involved
The SJJIF is proud to announce the SJJIF World ParaJiu-Jitsu Championship held at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center,
In Allen, Texas, USA. On July 8th & 9th 2023
The SJJIF has strict Uniform policies which will be enforced at the SJJIF World Parajiu-Jitsu Championship, make sure to review the policy..
Participation in the World ParaJiu-Jitsu Championship is restricted to athletes that meet the ParaJiu-Jitsu Sport Disability Classifications.
The Para Jiu-Jitsu competition will include athletes that have an impairment that belongs to one of the following nine (9) eligible impairment types identified below:
1. Impaired muscle power: Impairments in this category have in common that there is reduced force generated by the contraction of a muscle or muscle groups, such as muscles of one limb, one side of the body or the lower half of the body. Examples of conditions included in this category are paraplegia and quadriplegia, muscular dystrophy, post poliomyelitis and spinal bifida.
2. Impaired passive range of movement: The range of movement in one or more joint is reduced in a systematical way. For example, due to arthrogryposis. However, hypermobility of joints, joint instability, and acute conditions causing reduced range of movement, such as arthritis, are not considered eligible impairments.
3. Limb deficiency: There is a total or partial absence of bones or joints as a consequence of trauma (e.g. traumatic amputation), illness (e.g. bone cancer) or congenital limb deficiency (e.g. dysmelia).
4. Leg length difference: Due to congenital deficiency or trauma, bone shortening occurs in one leg.
5. Short stature: The standing height is reduced due to aberrant dimensions of bones of upper and lower limbs or trunk, for example due to Achondroplasia or growth hormone dysfunction.
6. Hypertonia: Hypertonia is a condition marked by an abnormal increase in muscle tension and a reduced ability of a muscle to stretch. Hypertonia may result from injury, illness, or conditions that involve damage to the central nervous system. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma) or multiple sclerosis.
7. Ataxia: Ataxia is a neurological sign and symptom that consists of a lack of co- ordination of muscle movements. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma) or multiple sclerosis.
8. Athetosis: Athetosis can vary from mild to severe motor dysfunction. It is generally characterized by unbalanced, involuntary movements, and a difficulty in maintaining a symmetrical posture. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma).
9. Vision impairment: Vision is impacted by either an impairment of the eye structure, optical nerves or optical pathways, or the visual cortex of the central brain.
Intellectual impairment: See SJJIF Adapted Jiu-Jitsu Additional Rules & Regulations, Section III Special Jiu-Jitsu.
This event will run under the SJJIF Rules & Regulations http://files.sjjif.com/public/assets/2018%20SJJIF%20Rulebook.pdf as well as the SJJIF Adapted ParaJiu-Jitsu Rules https://files.sjjif.com/public/assets/ParaJiu-Jitsu_Adapted%20Jiu-Jitsu%20Rules.pdf
**Important Information for Coaches**
Free spectator admission will be awarded to all active SJJIF Members including coaches.
SJJIF reserves the right to close registration when full capacity is reached or on June 21st, whichever comes first. Make sure to register early and secure your spot.
Black belts that have an active SJJIF membership register for free until May 26th, after May 25th full registration price will apply.
The SJJIF has strict Uniform policies which will be enforced at the SJJIF World Championship, make sure to review the policy.
Free Tournament T-shirt
All competitors registered by the May 25th deadline will receive a free tournament shirt. Shirts are to be picked up the day of the event at the SJJIF booth inside the venue, which will be located near the entrance by the SJJIF membership booth. See image of the shirt below.
Spectator Fee ages 7 and up—$15 pre-sale on-line at SJJIF website or $20 at the door (Cash Only)
$10 per car, per entry - Credit Union of Texas Event Center
*No Pets allowed in the venue*
*Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the Long Beach Arena*
Changes to Registration
To make any changes to your registration you will need to login to your SJJIF account. Go to the “Competition History” tab and click on the “Change Division” button next to the tournament you’d like to update. All registration changes must be completed by the division change deadline. We will not accommodate any change after the deadline. If you run into any issues or have questions about changes email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the tournament name, your name, and the changes to be made in the email. The deadline for all changes is Thursday, June 27th. No changes will be made after the deadline or the day of the tournament.
|Adult Prices||SJJIF Member Prices|
|Sign Up Dates||Gi / NoGi / Both|
|Until April 19th||$45 / $45 / $80|
|Until May 9th||$55 / $55 / $95|
|Until May 25th Free T-Shirt Deadline / Free Black Belt Deadline||$65 / $65 / $110|
|Until June 8th||$75 / $75 / $125|
|Until June 26th||$85 / $85 / $140|
830 W Stacy Rd, Allen TX 75013
205 N Central Expressway, Allen TX 75013
1553 Central Expressway N, Allen TX 75013
333 Central Expressway N, Allen TX 75013
|ADULT 18||1994 ~ 2005|
|Male||ADULT 18||BLUE PURPLE||
|Male||ADULT 18||BROWN BLACK||
|Female||ADULT 18||BLUE PURPLE||
|Female||ADULT 18||BROWN BLACK||