- ABOUT US
- Get Involved
The SJJIF is proud to announce the SJJIF World ParaJiu-Jitsu Championship held at the Arena da Juventude, Deodoro-Rio de Janeiro Brazil. on November 11th &12th 2023
The SJJIF has strict Uniform policies which will be enforced at the SJJIF World Parajiu-Jitsu Championship, make sure to review the policy..
Participation in the World ParaJiu-Jitsu Championship is restricted to athletes that meet the ParaJiu-Jitsu Sport Disability Classifications.
The Para Jiu-Jitsu competition will include athletes that have an impairment that belongs to one of the following nine (9) eligible impairment types identified below:
1. Impaired muscle power: Impairments in this category have in common that there is reduced force generated by the contraction of a muscle or muscle groups, such as muscles of one limb, one side of the body or the lower half of the body. Examples of conditions included in this category are paraplegia and quadriplegia, muscular dystrophy, post poliomyelitis and spinal bifida.
2. Impaired passive range of movement: The range of movement in one or more joint is reduced in a systematical way. For example, due to arthrogryposis. However, hypermobility of joints, joint instability, and acute conditions causing reduced range of movement, such as arthritis, are not considered eligible impairments.
3. Limb deficiency: There is a total or partial absence of bones or joints as a consequence of trauma (e.g. traumatic amputation), illness (e.g. bone cancer) or congenital limb deficiency (e.g. dysmelia).
4. Leg length difference: Due to congenital deficiency or trauma, bone shortening occurs in one leg.
5. Short stature: The standing height is reduced due to aberrant dimensions of bones of upper and lower limbs or trunk, for example due to Achondroplasia or growth hormone dysfunction.
6. Hypertonia: Hypertonia is a condition marked by an abnormal increase in muscle tension and a reduced ability of a muscle to stretch. Hypertonia may result from injury, illness, or conditions that involve damage to the central nervous system. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma) or multiple sclerosis.
7. Ataxia: Ataxia is a neurological sign and symptom that consists of a lack of co- ordination of muscle movements. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma) or multiple sclerosis.
8. Athetosis: Athetosis can vary from mild to severe motor dysfunction. It is generally characterized by unbalanced, involuntary movements, and a difficulty in maintaining a symmetrical posture. When the condition occurs in children under the age of two (2), the term cerebral palsy is often used, but it also can be due to brain injury (e.g. stroke, trauma).
9. Vision impairment: Vision is impacted by either an impairment of the eye structure, optical nerves or optical pathways, or the visual cortex of the central brain.
Intellectual impairment: See SJJIF Adapted Jiu-Jitsu Additional Rules & Regulations, Section III Special Jiu-Jitsu.
This event will run under the SJJIF Rules & Regulations http://files.sjjif.com/public/assets/2018%20SJJIF%20Rulebook.pdf as well as the SJJIF Adapted ParaJiu-Jitsu Rules https://files.sjjif.com/public/assets/ParaJiu-Jitsu_Adapted%20Jiu-Jitsu%20Rules.pdf
SJJIF reserves the right to close registration when full capacity is reached or on November 1st, whichever comes first. Make sure to register early and secure your spot.
The SJJIF has strict Uniform policies which will be enforced at the SJJIF World Championship, make sure to review the policy.
Changes to Registration
To make any changes to your registration you will need to login to your SJJIF account. Go to the “Competition History” tab and click on the “Change Division” button next to the tournament you’d like to update. All registration changes must be completed by the division change deadline. We will not accommodate any change after the deadline. If you run into any issues or have questions about changes email email@example.com. Be sure to include the tournament name, your name, and the changes to be made in the email. The deadline for all changes is Thursday, November 2nd th. No changes will be made after the deadline or the day of the tournament.
|Adult 18||1994 ~ 2005|
|Male||Adult 18||BLUE PURPLE||
|Male||Adult 18||BROWN BLACK||
|Female||Adult 18||BLUE PURPLE||
|Female||Adult 18||BROWN BLACK||